Saturday, February 11, 2012

Surprise Tea Party


I had a small surprise tea party for my girls to celebrate Valentine's Day. My oldest daughter's  birthday is on Valentine's day so most of the time we overlook Valentine's Day. This year was different, we had a Valentine's party for their girlfriends but I wanted to do something just for us! I had to bake a few treats for the Crystal Ball (that their school holds for Valentine's Day) and I had some treats left over. So, when I found the Valentine's Shabby Chic printable from Funky Time, I knew I had to do something special for my girls. The printable matched perfectly with my china and props.  For the decorations, I reused some of the decorations from our Valentine's party like the ribbon banner and poms. I set everything up while they were at school and surprised them! We had very simple, but yummy treats like brownie hearts, shortbread cookies, red velvet cupcakes, and ham/cheese croissants.  I enjoyed a pomegranate raspberry tea and the girls had strawberry milk.  It was a simple and super affordable way to celebrate love and happiness with my girls! I think we just started a tradition!






Party Styling: Crissy's Crafts 
Free Valentine's Printable:Funky Times  via Today's Creative Blog
Vintage Ribbon Garland: AtoZCelebration
Poms: Pom Flair

 

4 comments:

  1. Your party is so beautiful!
    I would love to be a live guest at one of your parties! They look so splendid!
    Hugs,
    Gigi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww that is so cute. What a pretty little party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! Pinning this to my tea party board :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your thoughts!