Monday, February 13, 2012

Vintage Valentine's Party

For sometime now I have been in love with vintage style, so when Bird from Bird's Party contacted me asking if I would like to style a party using their new Vintage Love Birds printable, I was in heaven! Bird designed the most adorable printables that match exactly with what I had in mind.




DECOR
We had an outdoor party since the weather here in the Phoenix area has been so beautiful for the past few days. For most of the props, I already had them around my house, but I did hit a few thrift shops to find small treasures for my sweets table. The gorgeous vintage ribbon garland was made by Nancy from AtoZCelebration. I used one of my trellis to hang some mason jars filled with silk pink hydrangeas as a backdrop for my cupcake table. 

DESSERT/FOOD
I used the desk from my daughter's room to display all the yummy treats. When I think of Valentine's day, flowers and chocolate come to mind instantly! So I tried to have treats that was chocolaty. Some treats include chocolate bonbon(from Brazil), dark fudge kettle corn,oreo cakesters, strawberry chocolate filled marshmallows, love birds chocolate cupcakes and chocolate dipped puffs. Most of the goodies were store bought and I just found ways to make them look more festive!
I also had some healthy snacks like whole wheat love bird sandwiches and vegetables shots. All of the children followed the rule that they needed to eat healthy before they attacked the sweets!
I set up a large table for the girls to sit while they enjoyed the treats. I made a flower for the table's center piece out of soda cans and I also made the cute DIY vintage napping rings. The girls were trilled that they were able to use the real napkins!! I found brand new lace napkins at my local thrift shop for 30c a piece!
ACTIVITIES
Because this was a party for two different age groups(ages 8 and 12), I had 3 activities for them to choose from. The most popular one was "Steal my heart game", where the children started by removing hearts from a bowl using only their chopsticks, and then placing the candies in front of them. When time is up, the player with the most candy hearts wins. We also had a "Make a Valentine's Bracelet " and "Make You're Beary Special frames".
PARTY FAVORS
The children took home the bracelets that they made inside cute metal tins that were embellished using bird's printable, DIY pillow favor boxes and pink organza bags filled with kisses, M&M's and Hershey's Miniatures.
I also used the printable scrapbook papercupcake toppers, printable cut-outs and editable buffet cards from the collection to embellish the dessert table items like the white frames, the cupcakes, the wooden birds and the doily banner.
Vendors credit:
Party Styling: Crissy's Crafts 
Valentine's Printable Collection: Bird's Party
Love Birds Cupcake Topper: Edible Details 
Vintage Ribbon Garland: AtoZCelebration
Girls hairbands: Vintage Rose Wraps
Poms: Pom Flair

2 comments:

  1. wow.. Crissy I love this party.. You are awesome!
    Happy Valentine's Day

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice post. Now you can use this business listing india to promote metal crafts import & export business.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your thoughts!