Thursday, November 17, 2011

Fall Feast


I threw a small Thanksgiving get together for my children and 4 of their friends. My inspiration was my native country of  Brazil where corn is a big part of our fall celebrations. We have a celebration called Festa Junina where corn is part of many of the sweets and decorations. I used corn husks  to dress up the water bottles and  to display and serve the food. Sweet treats included caramel and kernel popcorn, corn bread, cookies, jello treats and candy corn. To complete the look of the party, I used the free Fall kit from Paper Glitter. The kids each had a place mat for coloring and made Gooble Gooble paintings using their thumbs and finger tips. 
I also want to have a “green” party using recycled items to serve and display the food. I was able to use tin cans to serve the popcorn, glass jars for the jello treats and TP roll for favors.
For the back drop, I used a simple curtain panel{clearance for $2.50} tied with some raffia and sunflowers. The decorations were very simple; I picked some brunches and lightly sprayed with orange spray paint to make our Thanksgiving tree. I added some baskets from Brazil made out of corn husk, small scarecrows, and silk leaves and pretend corn around the tables to complete our Fall theme.








Since it was a small party, I was able to use the cupcake toppers from Paper Glitter as “names” for the kids. For example, each child had their own unique place card, let’s say it was the picture of a corn on the cob, so he/she knew that the water bottle, the popcorn tin and the jello treat that had the corn on the cob label belonged to his/hers.









I had a lot of fun designing this party and fits right with my blog motto: Fresh ans Easy crafts on a budget! In this case Fresh and Easy party ideas on a budget! ;) Happy Fall!

Tutorials:


4 comments:

  1. How special and precious is this ?! Everything looks wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cris, AMEI!!!! cada idéia genial demais e esse pimpolho fofo seu!! :)

    ADOREI!! E parabéns no Amy Atlas feature!! vc merece! ;)

    Bjoca

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cris, eu adorei. Vou usar como inspiração para o meu aniversário que comemoro em junho.
    Depois te mando umas fotos para ver como ficou minha versão.
    O kit de papelaria é seu?
    Poderíamos conversar sobre ele por e-mail?
    secinhafestas@ig.com.br

    Parabéns mesmo!
    Simone

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your thoughts!