Friday, November 4, 2011

Corn Candle Holder


This is a great craft for your Thanksgiving Table but this idea came all the way from Brazil! Around June in Brazil is corn harvest time. We have a celebration called Festa Junina.  All month long with traditional food, square dance, bonfire and games for the children.  I remember some of the crafts using corn and corn husks.  I loved the flowers made out of corn husk made by some super talented ladies. Someday I will learn how to make those beautiful flowers but for now, I made this super easy corn candle holder. 
Just not sure how long they will last but it does look really good around my pumpkins.
Material
1 corn in the cob - 50cents
moss roll - $1 Dollar Tree
some raffia
glue gun
 Cut the corn in half, make a hole on top of the corn(for the candle), glue the moss and tie raffia around the corn.




Happy Thanksgiving!
Cris




DIY Club

13 comments:

  1. Love the idea! It would be perfect on a Thanksgiving table. Thanks for sharing. I pin'd it too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love it when I see a sweet, easily reproducible idea that I know I can make! Awesome idea, Cris!!! Thanks so much! I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a really cute idea, I may have to try that next year. As far as making them last longer, could you dip the corn in wax or varnish or something of that nature to keep them around longer...or maybe use the ones that are already dried out, like the ones you use to feed squirrels?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I love the premise of your blog and also this awesome project! It is perfect for a Thanksgiving table. I am your newest follower and also featured this on Saw it {Loved it ) Sunday over at my blog.
    www.mirrorsmetaphorsandkaleidoscopes.blogspot.com

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  5. great idea!!! i'm stopping by from the lovely poppy and would love for you to come by and checkout the huge giveaway going on that ends thursday- http://thelovelypoppy.blogspot.com/2011/10/blog-follower-giveaway.html xoxo nicole

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these! I've featured them at Grits and Giggles. Come grab a featured button!
    http://gritsandgiggles.blogspot.com/2011/11/what-i-love-wednesday_09.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely perfect for the Thanksgiving table. Very creative! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. sharing on my FB page. winks-jen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amei a ideia posso repost no meu site?

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute for the Thanksgiving centerpiece. I love it! Thanks, Chrissy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So creative and so cute! Great project! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty--I bet it smells sweet too.

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your thoughts!