Friday, July 8, 2011

Healthy Shake

To make this shake, I always use 4 types of fruit. The fruits that I use depends on the season. Sometimes I use apples, avocados, watermelon, cantaloupe, blueberries, grapes or whatever I have in the fridge, but I always use strawberry and banana as my must have ingredients.

Have your daily 4 serving of fruit with this yummy shake! I make this every morning for me.
It is a good way to start a busy day!
The fruits that I used today were banana, strawberry, blueberry and watermelon.


Ingredients

2 Tablespoon of golden flax seed
1 Tablespoon of granola with cranberries and acai( you will find it at a whole food store)
3 ice cubs
1/2 cup of water
2 Tablespoon of nonfat plain yogurt
a hand full of blueberries
1 banana
1 cup of cut up watermelon
6 strawberries

Blend the flax seed and granola together in a blender (flax seed is better absorbed by the body if it is grounded), add remaining ingredients and blend until is all mixed together. You might need to add more liquid to it, you can add juice or more water. There!  It is ready for your enjoyment and quilt free! Your body will thank you! :)

To learn more about the benefits of flax seed please click HERE.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your thoughts!