Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Mother's Day Lunch

 Inspired by Amanda's Parties To Go free Mother's Day printable, I created a rich and vibrant Pre Mother's day Lunch. Amanda's gorgeous contemporary patterns but yet sweet design was the perfect combination to add style and color to our lunch. 

I wanted to have a summery feeling so I set the dinning table by the pool. To match with the printable, I made two no-sew table runners using coordinating fabric and ribbon. The runners were used as place mats. Lots and lots of colorful lanterns were a huge element to bring the summery feeling to our outdoor setting. 

Using the Mother's Day printable coordinating paper patterns, I embellished the vases to display big silk gerberas daisies and gorgeous flower balls that I borrowed from a friend. 

Before lunch, the guests enjoyed tomato basil bruschetta, antipasto kabobs and fresh fruit along with mint lemonade. For lunch, we served salad in parmesan bowl, grilled salmon and vegetable rice medley. 

The sweet table was simple and didn't have tons of sweets. Using a flower trellis as backdrop, I hang the gorgeous Mother's Day banner. The sweets include brigadeiro(brazilian fudge), mini cheesecakes, flower pops and marshmallow flower cupcakes. 

I found the perfect wrapping paper at Target and used to bring color to the sweet table. I also found the SIP napkins at Target and used as coasters for the mint lemonade glasses. I embellished the brigadeiros cups, lemonade glasses and treat bags using the coordinating paper patterns.

We set up a Planting Station for the children and parents to enjoy some spring planting. The children also had fun making a hand flower keepsake for their mommies.

Each mommy received a Bath & Body Works hand soap and a cute box full of kisses. 
It was a fun and relaxing afternoon surround by a beautiful setting.











































Vendors:
Styling, food & photography: Crissy's Crafts  
Printables: Amanda's Parties To Go 



8 comments:

  1. Such beautiful photos! Thank you so much for making my printables look good. Great ideas for Mother's Day, too! Your children are just adorable and your lunch looks divine, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Crissy!! SO pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, this is just fabulous! Wonderful styling. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This party is amazing! I love it!

    Melissa @ aaronandmelissawaldrum.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where did you get the paper lanterns? I'm planning a 90th bday party--
    emial me back please
    pelzanna{at}gmail{dot}com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I relly liked it

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the wrapping paper idea on the table! So clever!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your thoughts!