Thursday, August 25, 2011

Tutu Lamp {Sort of}

For a while now, I wanted to make a tutu lamp for my daughter's room. I didn't have anything in mind, just that my daughter wanted to be a purple tutu. I thought that was going to take a while until I could find the it item.
It all changed to a single trip to Goodwill yesterday! I spotted a glass globe and the Tutu lamp project came to my mind! :)


The pictures don't do justice to this lamp at all! It's so pretty when the lights are low!
My daughter loves it! My oldest daughter wants one for her room now! :)



Material
          3 yard of tulle - bought at Walmart 99cents a yard
1 glass globe - Goodwill $1.99
scissors and hot glue
1 set of white lights - I used Christmas lights from last year
Cost: $5

cut the tulle in circles, no need to be exactly shape of each other.

 pinch the circle tulle in the middle, making a little flower shape

Glue the bottoms of the flower to the glass globe. Glue them fairly close together to keep their shapes.

At this point I wasn't too sure how this project was going to turn out...
 It looked liked a Clown wig! lol! But I didn't give up! :)

All done! 
Now just insert the lights inside the globe. I put a small plate under the tutu lamp on her bedside table. 
Daughter happy = mommy happy!
The end! :)





DIY Club

23 comments:

  1. So simple, but it makes such a statement. It's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I highlighted this on my facebook page!

    Happy Day,
    Jasey @ Jasey's Crazy Daisy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an amazing transformation. I love how you took something so dated and unappealing and turned it into something lovely! I'm here from Tatertots and Jello!

    Katie
    www.sweetrosestudio.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute! I have never seen a lamp made like that! Awesome job!
    Ky
    http://burstofcreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a clever idea! My daughter has been bugging me for a new lamp to replace her "baby teddy bear" lamp for months now! I'll have to scour my goodwill stores for a globe! Thanks for sharing!
    Dee - sprytebyrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is awesome! And much easier than sewing with darn slippery tulle. You may want to check out the purple tulle crib skirt I just made my baby girl.
    http://lalabliss.blogspot.com/2011/08/totally-tulle-crib-skirt.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. i think this is DARLING!

    followed you over from Tip Junkie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how girly and beautiful this is! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun and creative! I love this! Thanks so much for sharing at Creative Creations Tuesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so awesome! I love that idea- I've never seen anything like it! Super creative.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is adorable! I bet my daughter would love that.

    Visiting from Someday Crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a precious idea! I love this lamp! I'd love for you to link up with me at my link party! Hope to see you there :)

    http://www.thekurtzcorner.com/2011/08/tuesday-tutorials-link-party-no-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely love this! It is so stinkin' cute! Thanks so much for linking up with us! We are going to feature this on our blog on Friday. Stop by and grab your "braggin" button!
    Britney
    www.jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is awesome!!! So simple, yet the effect is so unique! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for linking up at {The Kurtz Corner} I just wanted to stop by and let you know you've been featured! Stop by, check it out, and grab a button if you'd like :)

    http://www.thekurtzcorner.com/2011/09/link-party-features-no-4.html

    Audra
    TheKurtzCorner.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great project! :) I've featured this post on Craft Gossip here:
    http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/tutu-lamp/

    If you would like a "featured by" button, you can grab one here:
    http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/grab-a-craft-gossip-button/

    ReplyDelete
  17. So dreamy & cool! Can't wait to show my daughters! You are very creative. -- Judy

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this idea!! Thanks for sharing.

    Would you please share what type of glue did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is soooo cute! I would love to make one for my grandkids but I am always a little worried when it comes to fabric around warm (hot) lighted objects. Could this get too hot for the attached fabric & become flammable?

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your thoughts!