Friday, August 5, 2011

Feather Hairband

So my older daughter tells me that the new hair trend are feathers! I said: Feathers? When I think of feathers, preschool crafts comes to my mind! LOL! But after a visit to my girls favorite store Tinkerbell(where almost everything cost only $2!), I realized this IS a new trendy style!


They purchased the feather hair extension above at Tinkerbell but we decided to make some more simple styles to wear it to school.

To make the hairband you will need feathers(I got a bag for $1.50 at Hobby Lobby), hair band(got it a the Dollar Tree), hot glue, ribbon and rhinestones.

Just glue the feathers to the hairband and add a rhimestone to it. You can wrap up your handband with a ribbon! Voila!







8 comments:

  1. those are so cute I saw something similar at a post store for $19.99 shocking isn't it?
    I will be honored if you will add this project in our weekly linking party every Wednesdays at
    http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/08/my-inner-baker-with-linking-party.html
    Have a great week,
    Maggie
    http://passionatelyartistic.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much stuff I need to do for my four girls! And this now at the top of my list. Thanks for sharing! Come see a stylish toilet seat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So far I have only seen the slim feather extensions in our neck of the woods, but they're so popular even *my* friends are wearing them! I love the ones you have made here, though, they really look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are so cute! Does the Tinkerbell store have a website? All I find doing a Google search is the Disney fairy... lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute! Thanks so much for sharing!


    I'd love to have you visit our first linky party this Thursday! It's a party specifically for kids and teenagers craft and other ideas, so your idea will be absolutely perfect! My husband is a youth minister, so I know several girls who would love this idea! Hope you'll stop by!

    bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cute idea! My 9 year old daughter would love these! Thanks!

    www.onetoughmom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are so cute! Might have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely style!
    You are great at tutorials, SO EASY TO FOLLOW!!
    Thank you


    lotion bottles wholesale

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your thoughts!