Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Be Thankful Frame

I just made another decoration for my soon to be Fall/Thanksgiving Mantel. This time I made a Be Thankful frame. I made 2 types, not sure if I will have both on the same display.
I am in love with my first choice! 
It says "Give Thanks for unknown blessings already on their way".  


The second one I made after seeing this kind of saying in so many blogs with all different meanings. It says: "Stay Calm and be Thankful."  Around the holidays, sometimes we get so busy with trips, get together dinners, food and gifts that we forget just to enjoy time together. We can get overwhelmed but we have to stay CALM and just Be Thankful  for what we have!


Material
Frame Mat{Dollar Store}, glue, scissors, ruler, scrapbook paper and the sayings that you can download at the end of this post. 

Measure the sides of the frame and cut the scrapbook paper to fit the sides and paste it to the frame.


I also made this one with left over paper. 



Cost for both frames: $2.50
For the Keep Calm and be Thankful, click HERE.
For the Give Thanks for unknown blessings already on their way, HERE. 
NOTE: This will fit on a frame mat that has a 5x7 opening. You might have to trim the sides before you glue it to the mat.
For the Up-cycle Fall Vases made from Glass Bottles, click HERE.

I would love to know each one is your favorite!





Visit thecsiproject.com

18 comments:

  1. This is beautiful and honestly, it caused me to tear up. I have so much to be thankful for and can't wait to make this as a visual reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These turned out great! I have seen those mats at the Dollar Store but never could really come up with anyway to make them cute and you did just that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your take on the "Keep Calm" saying, Crissy! I'm all for visual reminders to keep an attitude of gratitude!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that for thanksgiving or anytime of year. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are really Beautiful!! Thank~you for sharing the Printable with us!!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely...and I think we ALL could use a daily reminder of those things for which we need to be thankful!


    Deborah (happily visiting from
    http://upcyclingmylife.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love this!! Thanks for sharing!!

    I would love for you to stop by on Thursdays and link up to my "Pick-a-Theme" parties..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! I like to send my mom little "thankful" gifts at Thanksgiving time because we live so far from her and she doesn't get to have the big family T-day meals that others do. This will be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so beautiful! I took your idea of the frame but made my own subway art to go with it. I posted my version of the project on my own blog, but made sure to link it back to you (I hope I appropriately gave you credit--please please let me know if I didn't!) I love this, and I think my friends and family that read my blog will love it too. Thank you so much for sharing!

    http://mnarbaugh.blogspot.com/2011/09/tutorial-fall-subway-art-frame.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute frame, and I love the arrangement too. I'd like to invite you to link up at my Friday Favorites party.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these! Thanks for linking up at One Artsy Mama's craft challenge! What a great reminder to focus on our blessings and be thankful in the midst of all the hectic-ness that comes with the holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've already pinned these. Love that paisley print,...so pretty and seasonal.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job mama!! I featured you tonight. :)

    http://polkadotsonparade.blogspot.com/2011/09/toast-of-tuesday_13.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful craft!! I'm pinning this! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks! I printed out some on my autumn paper and they look great. I think I will add mod podge to give the whole thing texture. Great fall gifts for the ladies in my Bible study.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gratitude is so beautiful - your link just jumps out to me at the linky party! Thanks for sharing this gorgeous craft idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just wanted you to know I featured one of your fall crafts on my blog today Come grab a a button:>

    www.blissfulanddomestic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your thoughts!