Monday, May 2, 2011

Mother's Day Mug Cake

This is a really cool recipe that I got while living in Brazil. Made a few adjustments to work with the American ingredients. Very easy to make and it came out very yummy!
 My daughter decorated a mug from the Dollar Store with permanent markers.
Kids will have fun decorating the mug and they can make this recipe right before breakfast and surprise Mom on her Special Day!
Note: since is done in the microwave, as soon it cools off, the cake will get hard. To avoid that, make sure you wrap your mug with plastic wrap to maintain moisture.





Within 3 minutes your mini cake is done!
My kids had fun watching it rise in the microwave!
 We got the seal of approval!


12 comments:

  1. This is such a good idea! I have made the cake in a mug before, but I never thought about making it a gift. Brilliant!
    Visiting you from Tip Junkie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cake in a Mug as a present! This is so smart... esp. for mum... no messy washing in the kitchen.. Brilliant X 3...Way to go Cris! xoxoxo PC

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! It turned out super cute! :)

    [visiting from all thingz related]

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this gift idea! Hope u don't mind, but would love to feature this on my blog on Friday! :)
    Best,
    RM, Home Confetti
    http://homeconfetti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a GREAT IDEA!!!

    Megan
    mommyminded.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love for you to share this at our Mother's Day link up over at Sassy Sites! We are rounding up ALL the great ideas!! xoxo!

    Marni @ Sassy Sites!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks so good! I am really wanting some chocolate right now! Thanks so much for linking to It's Stinkin' Cute Craft Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for linking to Fantabulous Friday! I absolutely love this and will be featuring it on my FB later today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE this! I am your newest follower! I featured you on my blog today! I hope that's ok! Have a Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for sharing this wonderful idea. i wish i could have it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulosas Ideas y sobretodo Bellisimas, He recomendado la pagina en mi Blog de Mommyscupcakesmore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your thoughts!