Thursday, June 9, 2011

Beach Mantel - Beach Candle Holder tutorial

Arizona is a beautiful place to live but I miss the beach. I had always lived somewhat close to the ocean. I was born and raised in Rio de Janeiro. Brazil has some of the world's most beautiful beaches. In the States I lived in NJ and FL also close to beaches. Just the thought of sand in my toes brings a smile to my face. With summer right around the corner, I wanted to bring the beach feeling to my house. With some glass candle holders and gems from the Dollar Store, ribbons and beads left over from previous projects, I made some candle holders to go with the "beach shelf" that we have in our family room. I also added some sea shells around the house and pictures of family trips to the ocean. 
We might be miles away from the ocean but I feel happier now!


This  how the wall looks like after we painted and added the picture frames with summer pictures!
 I LOVE summer!





Now to the Beach Candle Holder Tutorial:







This  how the wall looks like after we painted and added the picture frames with summer pictures!
 I LOVE summer!




Visit thecsiproject.com

12 comments:

  1. Ahhh, I can feel the sand on my toes and hear the waves crash.....love it!! Way cute and peaceful to look at I bet!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about the beach I too miss it, lived in Huntington Beach California for a brief time. Love the mantel idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is soo pretty! i love the turquoise! i just might try this! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really loving this, Crissy!! Perfect kind of decor for my home, since we live on the seashore. I'm inspired!! Thanks for linking-up at the Our House Of Joyful Noise Link-Up Party, as always! Congrats on being featured! I hope you spread the word! (I couldn't find you on Twitter?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have lived landlocked for a long time. Now I'm so happy to live near the ocean. I can imagine how you miss it. Your mantel is super lovely -good that we can create our home environment to reflect our passion!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So refreshing and pretty - looks great! I found you as I was searching whipperberry and looking for ideas of my mantle! Love those blues!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! I'm slowly bringing blue into my living room and this looks like a great project! Please stop over and link up to my party this weekend and I'm also having a giveaway! Love your blog and am now following you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very pretty and "summer-y" -- love all of the turquoise details!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful blog on Candle holders
    Nice blog.
    Keep up the good work.
    Just the best thing.
    Thanks for sharing such information....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very fun and beachy! Those candle holders are really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your shelf turned out great. I love the colors. I'm working on my own beachy shelf so your link-up caught my eye. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your thoughts!